Saint Joseph's was established in 1926 by the Sisters of St Joseph, of which Saint Mary Mackillop was their founder. In strong partnership with the Parish Priest and wider parish community, St Joseph's is recognised for proudly offering a quality inclusive Catholic Education.
The buildings of St Joseph's School have significantly changed in the last few years with the development and implementation of approximately two million dollars worth of new classrooms and facilities. These modern educational facilities provide the environment in which 21st century learning can take place effectively. Each class has top of the range wireless connectivity, laptops or iPads, electronic white boards and air-conditioning.
In addition to strong and effective classroom teaching and learning, students also have specialist lessons in The ARTS (Music, Art, Drama and Dance), STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) and Sporting Clinics (e.g. basketball, tennis, hockey, gymnastics, cricket, netball). Opportunities also exist for students to participate in instrumental and tennis lessons.
Our students, parents and staff feel blessed to be a part of St Joseph's community. We are proud of our traditions and are full of hope and optimism for future generations of families associated with St Joseph's School.